Sunday, 12 May 2013

Progress...

S
o another month goes by, another year, another little Lamy expected and. as a result, another TaTa for Now farewell gig from those Lamy Brothers.


This time we're due to play The White Lionin Streatham on Friday 14th June. We might even be on a little earlier than we normally are but I'll confirm that. Those of you who normally shun our late night antics might be able to see us at a more reasonable hour.


That's probably good for us too because we're getting on now and have been playing in various guises in London for over 10 years. From the Kingston University days of Not Betty Edwards and Callin' the Dog through to The Lamy Brothers and Richard Lamy's a Disgrace. It is still possible to find some Not Betty Edwards recordings (if you look round my house hard enough).


But things continue in one form or another and, having finished my bit of recording for Harry Pye (not sure what will happen with that but I'll keep you posted), I am ready to focus on my own recording endeavours again. My intention is to have my project, provisionally titled "Childish Behaviour", ready by the end of the year. Hopefully free to download (with artwork etc) with hard copies on request but I will have to see about cost.


So the future looks exciting in many respects- particularly with our forthcoming arrival. I will keep you all updated to be sure. Meanwhile here's a few pics of our gig at the Railway Tavern at Tulse Hill which had a bit of everything- Matt on the tables, a noise limiter that didn't like us and a moment when I produce not only the spray of glitter from my pocket but also a used hankerchief.





No comments:

Post a Comment